Applications for Party in the Park 2020 are now open.
Party in the Park will take place on 4 July 2020. Woking and the surrounding area has such a thriving cultural scene we can be proud of. If you would like to be part of this event and fall into any of the following categories, please apply online:
- Food and drink
- Sports and other clubs
- Not-for-profit organisations
- Activity provider, including children’s activities, sports activities, theatre, art workshops, street artists, puppetry, musicians (bands, choirs, buskers, acoustic, orchestras)
- Retail (selling merchandise, for exmaple arts and crafts, toys, merchandise)
NB: Dance acts and performers will need to apply through Dance Woking by emailing email@example.com
The booking process is split into four stages. Registered applicants will receive email notifications at each stage of the process. These will outline the status of your application and indicate the required actions for the next stage. If the required actions are not completed, email reminders will also be sent to applicants.
Before you start your application you can view the following information:
Register/create an account
Applicants will be requested to submit information including:
- Company/organisation details
- Social media handles
- Type of organisation
- Location/how far you are from Woking
After you have created an account, you will need to progress to submitting your offer before we review your application.
Stage 1: Submit your interest
- Provide a description of product(s), activity/entertainment or service(s) to be offered at the event.
- It’s at this stage where the event team will accept or decline your interest. This is based on your and other applicant's offers. We would like to see fresh ideas for the event every year, so always looking for new talent and exciting new activities. Successful applicants will move to the next stage. Please note previous attendance does not guarantee acceptance. We are always looking for fresh ideas and inspirational experiences for our visitors. This acceptance also does not guarantee your place - only once you have completed all the steps.
Stage 2: Choose stall requirements and upload documentation
- Upload your public liability insurance (the minimum cover accepted is £5 million)
- Upload your risk assessment (please click the following links for details on how to undertake a risk assessemt and a template risk assessment to use
- Complete the online form for your Fire Risk Assessment
- Upload any technical documents if you are a band or performer
- In addition, traders preparing food on-site will be asked to submit a hygiene training certificate and a food hygiene rating certificate
Once Woking Borough Council officers have approved your documents (you will receive an email for each document approval), then you can progress to selecting your utilities, for example:
- Power: If you are not sure about your power requirements, please click here
- Tables and chairs
- Location: This is your preferred location. The organisers will allocate you a zone/pitch/performing space based on your offer and have the final decision. See map for zones
- Pitch size
- Gazebo/trailer size
Stage 3: Pay online and accept T&C's
Once the information provided in stage 2 has been submitted and accepted, applicants/stallholders will then be asked to pay online if a payment is required. This will be the full amount. See terms and conditions.
Please note: payments will be directed to and processed by Woking Borough Council’s payment portal.
Stage 4: Receive event documentation
Documentation/joining instructions will be sent three weeks before the event (week commencing 15 June).
- Festival map, location, access and car parking information
- Arrival and departure times
- On-site documentation checklist
- Fire safety equipment checklist
In addition, alcohol traders will be supplied with:
- Temporary Event Notice (TEN). Woking Borough Council is the licensed organisation for this event
- Challenge 25 notices and terms and conditions
- Traders selling alcohol must log and report refused purchases with the event management team