Woking Borough Council’s successful Celebrate Woking programme is an established annual programme of community events. Woking can be proud of their London 2012 Olympic legacy. It now attracts in excess of 200,000 visitors to a range of free interactive, family-friendly events, including two featured events, namely, Party in the Park and our award winning Woking Food and Drink Festival. The year 2016 also created a legacy for H.G. Wells celebrating 150 years.
A number of smaller events like Diwali and Remembrance Sunday take place in Jubilee Square, Summer Sounds in Woking Park and a host of community events in the villages around Woking to name just a few! There is something for everyone. Thank you to all who attended the events during 2016, what a successful year it has been. You can find some highlights in our gallery section.
During 2017 Woking will celebrate a number of anniversaries through events and projects within the community, namely;
- 100th anniversary of West Byfleet Village
- 70 years since Kenwood started their first factory in Woking and the 70th Pyrford and Wisley Flower Show
- 40 years since the Jam released their first album (Paul Weller lived in Woking)
- The Ambassadors and Woking Shopping will celebrate their 25th anniversary
- It's 10 years since The Lightbox opened its doors for the first time and WWF will celebrate the 10th anniversary of Earth Hour
Celebrate Woking is looking forward to entertaining you with a "Cultural Extravaganza" in 2017, so keep up to date with what's happening around the borough from interesting talks, walks and exhibitions to community activities by using our calendar of events.