About Celebrate Woking
Be proud, be part of it!
Originally inspired by the key events of 2012 (London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and Queen's Diamond Jubilee), Celebrate Woking is now a well established annual programme of events across the Borough.
Funded by Woking Borough Council, the multi-cultural programme of events aims to maximise cultural, health and well-being benefits for the Borough's community, and continue to leave positive legacies beyond 2012.
The aims of the Celebrate Woking Programme are:
- to continue to have a portfolio of events to promote the Borough to both residents, businesses and visitors
- to increase the number of people participating in sporting activities
- to increase the number of people participating in cultural activities
- to bring together Woking’s diverse communities offering a range of events and activities
- to raise the profile and promote a positive image and develop a sense of Pride of Place in Woking
- to maximise the economic development opportunities, including the visitor offer
- to develop, celebrate and support a wider national programme of events and activities.