Volunteer in Woking
Volunteer Centres are often a good place to start looking for volunteering opportunities in the local area as they provide support and expertise within the local community, to potential volunteers, existing volunteers and organisations that involve volunteers.
Volunteer in Woking is part of Woking Borough Council and we are based at the Civic Offices in Gloucester Square; we are here to help Charities, community and Non-profit organisations within the borough of Woking, alongside this, we work with you to match you with a volunteering opportunity of your choice.
Volunteers applications from people from all walks of life are welcomed - young, retired, employed, looking for work and from different ethnic backgrounds. No previous experience is needed, just an interested and enthusiastic approach.
If you would like to speak to us about volunteering locally please contact us to discuss your interests and the areas in which you would like to volunteer on 01483 743 851 or email us at email@example.com
World War One volunteering opportunities during 2014-2018
The 'The Surrey in the Great War: A County Remembers' project has many opportunities for anyone to get involved as a volunteer. The following is an indicative list of the range of activities involved. We are open to all ideas so if you have a particular area of interest or experience please let us know.
- Primary source research relating to people, places, businesses, communities, etc. in Surrey during the Great War, using a variety of archival material and contemporary newspapers.
- Digitising archival material.
- Indexing contemporary Surrey newspapers.
- Photographing locations and war memorials.
- Uploading information to the website, Facebook and Twitter.
- Data inputting and checking.
- Mentoring new researchers.
- Helping at events, roadshows, etc.
Click here for more detail on volunteering.