Woking Canal Festival
- 6–7 August 2016 Show all
- Saturday 6 August 2016 at 11:00 AM
- Sunday 7 August 2016 at 11:00 AM
- Brookhouse Common, Woking, along the Basingstoke Canal
- Free to attend, with stalls selling food and drink
Woking Canal Festival - Brookhouse Common, Woking
6 & 7 August 2016, 11am – 4.30pm
Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the reopening of the Basingstoke Canal, Woking Canal Festival makes a welcome return to Woking’s waterways.
Enjoy over 50 unique boats, a historic narrowboat parade, film shows, live music, displays and exhibitions, Morris dancing, children’s entertainment, great food and a real ale bar, as well as much more fun during this traditional summer festival!
For more information, please visit www.wokingcanalfestival.info
How to get there
- There is no parking at Brook House Common, so the best way is by foot or cycle along the Basingstoke Canal.
- If you drive, the closest car parks are Brewery Road and Victoria Way.
- Woking Railway Station is 5-10 minutes walk from the Basingstoke Canal.
- A map of Woking Town Centre can be downloaded here.
What else to do in Woking
Just a stone's throw from London but a million miles from the capital's hustle and bustle, Woking is a modern town full of surprises nestled in the south-east of England. Take a look at our Top 10 Things to Do, or why not make a weekend of it and stay overnight?
With over 170 shops, Woking Shopping really has got it covered.
For visitors and local residents, Woking offers the very best in entertainment at The Ambassadors, with the New Victoria Theatre and Rhoda McGaw Theatre and the Ambassadors Cinemas, a superb independent six screen cinema multiplex.