Top 10 things to do
Here are our top 10 suggestions for having a great time in Woking - one of Surrey's most modern and vibrant town centres.
From world class theatre and international exhibitions to modern street art, award-winning cuisine and contemporary street-food, Woking offers an impressive cultural scene.
1. Book to see a West End show at The New Victoria Theatre
Drama, comedy, musical - Woking's Ambassadors theatres hosts the best in both West End and amateur productions. Shows will return in the New Year. In the meantime, why not try Nova Cinema? Following a complete refurbishment, Nova Cinema now has seven stylish screens, including one luxury screen, a brand-new premium bar and completely revamped foyers.
2. Visit an exhibition of world-famous art
World class touring and permanent exhibitions can be found at Woking's museum and gallery, The Lightbox. Exhibitions have included works by Renoir, Frink and Hirst, plus extensive private collections.
3. Follow in the footsteps of H. G. Wells's The War of the Worlds' martians
H. G. Wells wrote his classic novel whilst living in Woking just over 150 years ago. Follow the heritage trail around the Borough, on foot or bike, or take a look at the legacy of Woking's anniversary celebrations in his honour.
4. Enjoy authentic, artisan food from around the world
Cantonese, Thai, Malay, Bangladeshi, Bengalese... Woking's diversity is celebrated best in its extensive food offer.
5. Stay in luxury, at Woking's DoubleTree by Hilton
Visitors can expect the four star treatment when they stay in this town centre hotel which is part of the Hilton family.
6. Remember our fallen heroes at Woking's Peace Garden, within the Muslim Burial Ground
A Grade II listed structure, the site can be found nestled amongst Horsell Common's pines, and was extensively restored in 2015 to honour Indian Army soldiers who died alongside the British during World War One.
7. Discover the UK headquarter's of the world's leading conservation charity, WWF
8. Shop until you drop in Woking shopping's fully accessible undercover malls
All the High Street names you'd expect from a popular town centre, plus a few pleasant surprises. The added benefit of Woking's burgeoning cafe culture means you're never far from a tasty treat to recharge those shopping batteries.
9. Cycle or stroll along one of Britain's most picturesque waterways, the Basingstoke Canal
With stretches of the canal designated as Sites of Special Scientific Interest for their flora and fauna, why not follow the water, by boat, on foot or two wheels, to one of Woking's lively villages?
10. Try your hand at one of Woking's 14 golf courses, or maybe crazy golf's more your thing?
Being surrounded by green belt, means that Woking has a huge number of leisure opportunities for visitors, including great indoor and outdoor facilities at Woking Park.
What's happening today in Woking?